Following on from my health intentions for 2019 I wanted to share some of the more life focused changes I want to make. I spent much of 2018 feeling down and just generally not my usual self. It is hard to stay positive when your in pain all of the time, I’ve got some form of a life back health wise so I want to do everything I can to appreciate everyday that I am well.
So here’s my New Years intentions for my life –
- Spend my time only on the ones I truly love – I’m lucky that for the most part I have a really great group of people around me with my wife, family and friends. I spend a lot of time worrying about what people think and whether they like me or not and I really want to focus on the people who I know are always there, not judging me and truly have my best interests at heart. Its a tough pill to swallow when you don’t get back what you give to people but you know what fuck it! If they don’t love me just the way I am then that’s their issue and not mine, I can only be me as crazy and annoying I am at times!
- Master my crafts – I absolutely love my job and this year its been tough to progress and learn more because of my health. I’m really committed this year to expanding my skills in web development, marketing and being a really good manager. I have said this before but I’m really lucky to have great bosses who have supported me for the last 8 years and I want to do the best job I can. I’ve really found what I enjoy doing and there is so much more I want to learn. Also to add onto this I am all about working smarter and not harder in 2019 finding ways to do things right the first time without drowning myself in the unnecessary.
- Meditate – Everyone says meditation is amazing for the mind, body and soul, I have tried and failed to keep it up but this year is my year, I am going to meditate at least 4 times a week and also include meditative yoga for an extra boost. Will keep you posted on how this goes. I’ve got calm downloaded on my iPhone and I’m ready to go, you can find me on my meditation cushion.
- Stop sweating the small things – Life is short and you never know whats round the corner. I spend way too much time worrying about small things that in the grand scheme really do not matter and just put added stress into my brain that is definitely not needed.
- Follow my passions – I spend so much of my time watching make up tutorials on youtube, reading fashion blogs, browsing Pinterest and instagram for the latest fashion trends. I really want to explore these passions more, really own my style and try out some new things in 2019. I think I have spent the last 2 years wearing 4 different shades of grey so I want to add more colour into my wardrobe and master the art of make up.
- Self care and self love – It’s so easy to feel negatively about yourself especially after the year I have had. I’ve been in a mindset on many occasions of poor me, I’m so unlucky and questioning why things happen but in reality I have been really strong this year, I have achieved a lot and done some amazing things. I am going to be setting aside time every week for self care whether its a hot bath, a face mask and a Netflix binge or booking the day off from work to go shopping (weekend shopping just no!) I am putting more me time into the diary. I’m also going to be stopping my brain in its tracks when I have negative thoughts and using positive affirmations to give myself some self love.
Thanks for reading!